U.S. Department of Energy to Host Annual ARPA-E Energy Innovation Summit
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. Department of Energy today announced that its Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E) will host its 12th annual Energy Innovation Summit May 23–25, 2022, in Aurora, Colorado. The ARPA-E Energy Innovation Summit is the premier event for energy innovators, investors, and influencers, and gathers more than 2,000 experts each year from government, academia, and business to discuss advancements in cutting-edge energy technologies.
“ARPA-E is known for its commanding role as a catalyst of clean energy technology breakthroughs — and the upcoming summit will highlight its leadership as it tackles current energy challenges and advances our nation’s clean energy technology,” said U.S. Secretary of Energy Jennifer M. Granholm. “We look forward to welcoming industry leaders and experts for thoughtful discussions about achieving our clean energy goals by getting next generation technology to the marketplace, bolstering domestic manufacturing and creating good-paying jobs.”
This year’s summit will offer a unique program aimed at moving transformational energy technologies out of the lab and into the marketplace. The three-day program will include a general session featuring keynotes and fireside chats as well as breakout panels, ARPA-E fast pitches, and a technology showcase featuring more than 300 next-generation technologies.
***Media must RSVP***
Monday, May 23 – Wednesday, May 25
- 12th Annual ARPA-E Energy Innovation Summit
- Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center
- Livestream will not be available
Confirmed mainstage speakers:
- Jennifer M. Granholm, U.S. Secretary of Energy
- Doreen Harris, NYSERDA, President & CEO
- Danielle Merfeld, GE Renewable Energy, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer
- Michael Terrell, Google, Director of Data Center Energy and Sustainability
- Geisha Jimenez Williams, Bipartisan Policy Center, Trustee / American Energy Innovation Council, Principal
Featured panel discussions:
- Cultivating Carbon: Terrestrial Pathways Toward Energy-Positive Carbon Dioxide Removal
- The Energy Transition from the Energy Major Perspective
- Mining for the Energy Transformation
- Beyond Baseload: Nuclear’s Role in the New Energy Landscape
- Rethinking Solutions for the Resilience, Reliability, and Security of Electric Grid Infrastructure
***Media must RSVP***
For additional information on the ARPA-E Energy Innovation Summit, including the full Summit agenda, visit the Summit website.