2022 ARPA-E Energy Innovation Summit
ARPA-E held its 12th ARPA-E Energy Innovation Summit May 23-25, 2022 at the Gaylord Rockies Convention Center, right outside of Denver, CO. For more information on this event, visit the Summit website.
The ARPA-E Energy Innovation Summit is a conference and technology showcase that brings together experts from different technical disciplines and professional communities to think about America’s energy challenges in new and innovative ways. The Summit offers a unique, three-day program aimed at moving transformational energy technologies out of the lab and into the market.
Highlights from the Summit, including videos and presentation slides from our much-loved "Fast Pitch" presentations, are included below.
- Moderator: Dr. Bob Ledoux, Program Director: "Rise of the Machines: Trustworthy AI for Critical Transportation and Energy Applications"
- Dr. Olga Blum Spahn, Program Director: "Wireless Power Transfer"
- Dr. Jake Russell, Fellow: "Is Bigger Always Better? Modal Shift Through Freight Disaggregation"
- Dr. Peter de Bock, Program Director: "Leave No Trace!... In the Sky"
- Dr. Halle Cheeseman, Program Director: "Battery 1K – Defying the laws of Gravity!"
- Moderator: Dr. Jenifer Shafer, Program Director: "UNFinity and Beyond"
- Dr. Philseok Kim, Program Director: "Out of Sight, Out of Mind"
- Dr. Emily Yedinak, Fellow: "The Curious Case of White Hydrogen"
- Dr. Douglas Wicks, Program Director: "Can Georeactors Replace Alchemy to Transform Stone into Gold Hydrogen?"
- Dr. Scott Hsu, Program Director: "Fusion’s Bold Decade Ahead"
- Moderator: Dr. Jack Lewnard, Program Director: "Greening the Gas Grid with the Tie that Binds: Dimethyl Ether"
- Dr. Ian Robinson, Fellow: "Carbon Removal Goes Nuclear"
- Dr. Marina Sofos, Program Director: "The Next Comfort Zone: Re-engineering Building HVAC Operations for Direct Air Capture Technologies"
- Dr. Elizabeth Shoenfelt Troein, Fellow: "Let’s C What We Can Do: Reversing Energy Emissions Scalably with Atmospheric CO2 to Solid-phase Carbon"
- Moderator: Dr. Simon Freeman, Program Director: "Critical Technologies for Mining Inner and Outer Space"
- Dr. Dave Tew, Program Director: "Automating the Process of Energy-Technology Invention"
- Dr. Katharine Greco, Fellow: "Primordial Soup for the Soul: CO2 to Protein"
- Dr. David Babson, Program Director: "Growing-up: Advanced Technologies to Realize Transformative Industrial-Scale Vertical Farms and Engineered Urban Ecosystems"